What is wscript.exe? Is wscript.exe a virus?wscript.exe serves as a default process related to Microsoft Windows Operating System, located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. wscript.exe is used to allow additional functions to scripting as a trustworthy file in system. Indentified as a non-essential system process, wscript.exe should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems. wscript.exe can be utilized by cyber criminals and infected as a hack tool. Thus, it is normal antivirus reports wscript.exe file as virus infection.
Once wscript.exe is attacked by hackers and transferred as virus, it has the ability to copy its malicious files to hard disk. Its typical file name can be YPSAN.F and then it creates new startup key with the name YPSAN.F and value wscript.exe WINLOGON.vbs. You can also find it in your processes list with name wscript.exe WINLOGON.vbs or YPSAN.F." The wscript.exe problems may lead to high usage of CPU, auto running of wscript.exe as well as other Documents files. To fix the wscript.exe problems, you can follow the steps below to start.
Tips: The following instruction is related to registry files and values, any mistake will even lead to worse results. If you need help to handle the operation, you may ask help from Vilma Online Computer Experts to fix the problem easily.
How to fix wscript.exe problems for good
Step 1: Use Windows File Search Tool to Find wscript.exe Path
- Go to Start > Search > All Files or Folders.
- In the "All or part of the the file name" section, type in "wscript.exe" file name(s).
- To get better results, select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then click "Search" button.
- When Windows finishes your search,the results for wscript.exe will be displayed. . .right click on wscript.exe and delete it.
Step 2: Use Windows Task Manager to Remove wscript.exe Processes
- To open the Windows Task Manager, use the combination of CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
- Click on the "Image Name" button to search for "wscript.exe" process by name.
- Select the "wscript.exe" process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.
Step 3: Delete Registry key values corresponding to wscript.exe, WINLOGON.vbs or YPSAN.F.
- Open the registry editor by pressing (win key+R) and typing in "regedit" without the quotes.
- When the registry editor opens up, press (Ctrl+F) and type in wscript.exe.
- The search results will be displayed. Remove only the values inside the key, and click on 'Find Next'.
- Repeat Step 2-3 for WINLOGON.vbs or YPSAN.F
- Restart the system.
Warning: If value is listed for some registry entries, you should only clear these values and leave keys with such values untouched. Because any mistake may lead to computer crash. If you are not familiar with such operation and afraid of making serious mistake, you may contact VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts here to resolve your problems properly and completely.